Thursday 5 June 2014

Squarg the Frog Rider - Part 4

It's been a little while since I last updated with any painting progress but I have a good excuse. I've just been off for a break in Rome and have walked my feet off taking in some of the wonderful history that city has to offer. It also offers very good ice cream, so I took in rather a lot of that too!

I may have been immersed in the glories of Imperial Rome but 'Project Squarg' wasn't entirely forgotten. I've been firming up my ideas for how I will add interest to Squarg's base. Moss, water and ferns will all play a part and I managed to take a couple of reference pictures that will come in very handy.



Now I'm back home I've been getting into the swing of things again, and have made a little more progress on painting Squarg. I'm really looking forward to painting some tribal tattoos on his arms but before I can do that I've had to focus my attention on his costume.


1 comment:

  1. You know what's funny? You are so good that at first i thought your first reference pic there was the complete base and i almost lost my mind :P

    ReplyDelete