Monday 3 March 2014

Jason - Part 3

I've been able to put in quite a few hours painting time this week as a result Jason has progressed fairly well. I've been concentrating on painting the hydra's head and I'm very pleased with how it's coming together. 

I thought that I'd be painting it in a blue/green/grey colour scheme but as you can see it didn't work out that way! As the overall colour scheme has resolved itself it became very clear to me that red was the colour to use. I started off by applying a wash of baal red over the dry brushed under painting and then worked up successive washes and highlights. The final stage of highlights were built up using a fine stipple texture.

I've also painted up Jason's tunic and although it's OK for the moment I'll need to go back over it and refine the finish as the rest of the mini comes together.




No comments:

Post a Comment